Wage / Hour Disputes
As an Orange County resident, you rely on every paycheck to take care of life’s daily needs, whatever they may be. Your wages, and the number of hours you are able to work are often dependent upon how you will need to spend your money after you receive each paycheck. Because California is so populous, and there are many individuals who will take nearly any job, many employees are not paid the wages they are entitled to for the time that they have worked. For example, certain employees may qualify for overtime pay that they are not receiving. Another example includes situations where an employee is being underpaid at either a lower wage, or being paid for less hours than were worked.
Whatever the specific issue may be, wage and hour disputes can create a significant amount of stress and financial uncertainty. At Nassiri Law Group, our Orange County Employment Law Attorneys address wage and hour dispute cases on a regular basis, as such disputes are common in Orange County as well as all across the state of California. When employers violate state and federal laws governing your rights as an employee, such employers must be held accountable.Common Wage/Hour Disputes in Orange County
Orange County employees may experience wage and hour disputes in situations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Failure of an employer to properly classify an employee, designating the employee as exempt from overtime, when in fact the employee is not exempt, and should in fact receive overtime pay;
- Failure to allow employees to have required meal and rest breaks during the workday;
- Failure to reimburse employees for work-related expenses;
- Violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) or any other state or federal law;
- Unpaid or underpaid wages;
- Withholding tips from employees in violation of state and federal law;
- Failure to pay an employee for vacation time that he or she is entitled to (as well as personal or sick leave time);
- Misclassification as an independent contractor (please see our individual practice area page to learn more about employee misclassification); and
- Failure to pay minimum wage in accordance with the law.
Because there are a variety of ways in which an employer and employee may have a wage or hour dispute, it is crucial to have a legal professional review your situation. Some employers must follow certain state and federal laws while other employers may not have to follow such laws. While all employers must follow general employment laws, other more specific laws governing overtime or income from tips, for example, may only apply to certain employers. With the help of an attorney, you will have a thorough understanding of what steps need to be taken to resolve your wage or hour dispute.Contact the Orange County Employment Law Attorneys of Nassiri Law Group Today
As an Orange County employee, you expect to be paid fairly for the time and energy you have dedicated to your job. While some employers do treat their employees with the respect they deserve, many employees are working for very low wages that may be in violation of both state and federal law. Many individuals are taken advantage of and promised wages they never receive. Despite a push to stop unlawful employment practices that deprive employees of the income they deserve, Orange County employers are still leaving employees with little to nothing at the end of the day. At Nassiri Law Group, our seasoned Orange County Employment Law Attorneys devote a significant portion of their careers to ensuring employees are treated fairly and that their rights are not violated. Our attorneys have successfully helped numerous Orange County employees fight against unlawful wage and hour employment practices. If you need a true advocate by your side, contact Nassiri Law Group today by calling (714) 937-2020 to schedule your free consultation.